The Slaughterhorn

Gaming forum for Comox and Campbell River

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:32 pm

I know, its madness really.
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:38 pm

The only downside really, is buying the 5 Razorbacks. :p

I mean it really seems that the only reason to play a BA list vs any of the other MEQ armies, is for the pure jumper lists. There is nothing else that I can see that is heads and shoulders above anything else.
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:44 pm

The dreadnoughts, DC and Sang. Priests? They're still the only book with libby dreads, right? And DC with a sang. priest probably hit harder in CC than most armies (except maybe god damned purifiers).

I haven't really examined either book in "I want to play this" detail so I'm not sure how it plays out but for the lists you brought last night and how you played them, it felt like you would have been better off with GK. I think BA is supposed to be in your face shooting and assaulting and you were playing more of a castle up and shoot style...which GK do really well.

Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:13 pm

I suppose if you wanted to go CC Dread heavy, then yes that would be one huge reason to play BA. The Sang Priest is nice, but its a kill points dump right, and while 50 points isnt a ton, it adds up.

Death Company are good at being a big fat hammer to drop on something, but the Rage rule really kills them for me.

For my typical playstyle, which is heavy shooting/mobility before CC (looking at what happened to my Chaos army as it evolved, and my DE) I would think I should investigate more the GK option really.

Or those new Thunderwolves... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Gideus
Warmith
Warmith

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:51 pm

As long as you don't go razorspam or longfang happy, sure. Go wolves!

srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Make no mistake, something will be spammed at the end of the day, the list I take to next Gottacon needs to be as competitive as I can get. :]
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:34 pm

So, Tcav, 3x long fangs and razorbacks?
Or purifiers and psyflemen?

Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:34 am

What I'm thinking is something like this.

Wolf Lord w/Termis in a Pod

4 x Grey Hunter
1 (2 if points allow) TCav (one squad of 2)
2 Long Fang

building it right now, we will see how the points work out.

The issue with the GK Purifier list, is that it would be quite a bit of money on just razor/rhino's alone, before the dreads even, and I dont love the imagery of the GK that much so I dont know if my heart would be in it. No

Last edited by srg on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:35 am

Do you literally mean a single TWC? Or or do you mean 1 squad?

Back to top Go down
Gideus
Warmith
Warmith

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:39 am

Do you have army builder? I have it if you'd like, with all the updated files.

srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Yeah I have it, not a huge fan though. ;p
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:32 pm

The GK book is stupid. the SW codex is a good high powe codex. MEQ armies have to sport 10+ Lascannons to feel like DE.

These are just dumped out of my head from the competitive podcasters i've been listening to: no points are known or adhered to.... mostly concepts here.....

Coteaz

Techmarine (for double grenade stupidness, with DCA in Stormraven)

Psyfleman

Psyfleman

Death Cult Assassins x8 (with the benefit of the grenades they work out to S5-6 I6 A4 with dual power weapons...)

Acolytes in Chimera
Acolytes in Chimera
Acolytes in Chimera

Stormraven

Ven Psyfleman

Ven Psyfleman

Ven Psyfleman

3x Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf with 1 Thammer, 1Pfist, 1 WClaw and 3 Storm shields (S10 T5 A4 with fist)

Wolf Guard (to split as sargeants carrying Pfist and Combi-Melta)

5x GH x7- Melta, Wulfen in Drop Pod

3x Long Fangs x5 each with 4x ML and Drop Pod

(All the pods mean the army can Alpha Strike and/or drop empty pods to create personalized cover/terrain and movement denial.)

Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Yeah I really like the concept of the all pod army just for the fun to be had dropping pods all over the place. :p
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:49 pm

I don't have the codex with me, but the Wolf priest may give Stealth..... cool for a footblob.

if you can pay for Deathwind Launchers on several of those pods too....
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Read an article yesterday talking about how DE aren't as good as people say they are, as they're basically paying 40 point for missile launchers.

Back to top Go down
sunrastargod
Battle Brother
Battle Brother

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Not sure where I read it but someone mentioned the fluff being important to scoring..... I am not 100 % sure on that. My reasoning.... the dark eldar guy who won had a bunch of stuff that led me to believe that scoring might be slightly tipped to who you know
@ the guy had a cheeze ball spammy net list....
@the guy lost one of his games
@ which leaves you with he made up alot of his points in painting... cause he also was a bit of a winer playing, and I had to tell him sometimes... no you cant shoot that cause the gun has 0 line of sight.

I am not a 100% on this, but I would say that unless neutral painting judges are recruited from outside of the people painting there will always be personal bias.... especially when the club doing the judging, is judging a friends army.
A further point in this amtter is the guy from Vancouver who went 5 and 0, and had a very nicely painted army, and was a great dude, talked to him and his fellow clubbers after and they were super ... letting people redo moves and generally being chill non sticklers... sooooo whats does all this mean...
I am not saying for sure that this is the case or that it is done purposefully, but i think its somewhat subconcious. I saw the dark eldar army and it was not a amazing paint job.....

This is my opinion however.... so love to hear what you think.

Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:56 pm

Yeah I know what you mean.

I was (and am) bummed out over my paint score, simply because I know it was better painted than a few who got higher then I did.

If the judges like your style, you do well regardless of if you did better at painting then someone else. The fact there was 2 people doing reviews, and one seemed a lot more slack then the other sure didnt help.

I'm also not sure how the BA guy didnt pull top over all, I should go over the results if they are still up actually because he painting was super tight. I would guess people just kicked at his sportsmanship because he went all the way and someone got bent out of shape about it.

As far as the DE list, it was standard stuff, your not going to see much variation out of competitive DE lists, nearly every one had 3 to 5 venoms, 2/3 Ravagers or a Razorwing and Trueborn with blasters, its the only way to address vehicles with any kind of reliability, especially on some of those tables.
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:04 pm

RotatingPanda wrote:
Read an article yesterday talking about how DE aren't as good as people say they are, as they're basically paying 40 point for missile launchers.

AP2 Missile Launchers, and they are mounted on a skimmer...Very Happy

You'll have to link me the article.
Back to top Go down
sunrastargod
Battle Brother
Battle Brother

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:14 am

srg wrote:
Yeah I know what you mean.

I was (and am) bummed out over my paint score, simply because I know it was better painted than a few who got higher then I did.

If the judges like your style, you do well regardless of if you did better at painting then someone else. The fact there was 2 people doing reviews, and one seemed a lot more slack then the other sure didnt help.

I'm also not sure how the BA guy didnt pull top over all, I should go over the results if they are still up actually because he painting was super tight. I would guess people just kicked at his sportsmanship because he went all the way and someone got bent out of shape about it.

As far as the DE list, it was standard stuff, your not going to see much variation out of competitive DE lists, nearly every one had 3 to 5 venoms, 2/3 Ravagers or a Razorwing and Trueborn with blasters, its the only way to address vehicles with any kind of reliability, especially on some of those tables.

Yeah the DE army and board are on my videos
http://youtu.be/i3HAVA1Vsho
and you can see his paint scheme which , in my opinion, is super generic super simple and if you look close... .sloppy, not horrible but certainly not top tier
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:32 am

I'll post it SRG, but you're not going to like it...it's Stelek and some dude talking about it.

Why DE aren't as good as people think

Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:51 am

Eh, read it, moving on, guy is an idiot who plays in a very small box of 'this is the only meta that exists', its people like him who saddly inform the internet leading to terrible group think on books/units and makes the overall gaming vibe a negative one in terms of the wider internet.
Back to top Go down
sunrastargod
Battle Brother
Battle Brother

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:00 am

srg wrote:
Eh, read it, moving on, guy is an idiot who plays in a very small box of 'this is the only meta that exists', its people like him who saddly inform the internet leading to terrible group think on books/units and makes the overall gaming vibe a negative one in terms of the wider internet.
Was looking for the like button, but agree more or less, some armies are good that unless your playin another good army against it then you need good(er) luck to win.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:00 am

a BA list along the lines I previously posted. 1750, 33 bodies, 10 tanks (4 of them AV 13). All Fast. Rush, Disembark, pop with Melta, Flame contents with Razor....... then they have to deal with 30 FNP Fist squads in the Face!

100 Librarian

100 Sanguinary Priest x2

170 Sternguard x5; P Fist, Combi-melta x2, Meltagun x2
56 Razorback; TL Hvy Flame, Searchlight

135 Assault Squad x5; No Jump, P Fist, Meltagun
21 Razorback; TL Hvy Flame, Searchlight

121 Baal Predator; Dozer Blade, Searchlight

121 Baal Predator; Dozer Blade, Searchlight

151 Vindicator; Dozer Blade, Searchlight

151 Vindicator; Dozer Blade, Searchlight
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Not sold on this one, those Vind's become super dangerous to your own force as early as turn 1 since you want to rush your razors up, and there's just no ranged shooting, so (just like my game against RotatingPanda) if I face something that out CC's me, it just eats your dudes up.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Missle Dev squads instead?? I just want to make the Baal work, and it seems to me vehicle saturation is the way to deprioritize it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers   

Back to top Go down

Gottacon 2013 - List A - Flesh Tearers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next