The Slaughterhorn

Gaming forum for Comox and Campbell River

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Favorite Chapter & Legion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RotatingPanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Favorite Chapter & Legion   Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Simple enough question: what is your favorite loyalist Chapter and your favorite Chaos Legion.

As much as I love'em all, I think my favorite Chapter (right now at least) would be Raven Guard. Chaos is easy as my first love for them has always been The Thousand Sons.
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Chapter & Legion   Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:23 pm

BA in some fashion or another, and World Eaters. Both are the first models I picked up wayyyyyy back in 1999. :p
Back to top Go down
Gideus
Warmith
Warmith

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Chapter & Legion   Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Obviously chaos is the Iron Warriors, first love, first army, first models painted up. Grabbed hold and never let go Twisted Evil
As for loyalists? Not as easy a choice, but I'd probably go with Salamanders. Like the colour, like the fluff.

Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Chapter & Legion   Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:57 pm

yah, mostly what you see on my tables;

Nurgle/ plague marines for chaos, and Dark Angels/Crimson Fists for loyalists. Alot of fatalistic themes here.
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Chapter & Legion   Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Crimson Fists? Really? I had no idea. The Dark Angels was obvious, yeah, but I had no idea you liked the Fists.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Chapter & Legion   Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:35 pm

I just like dark blue. The red hands of the warriors also helps the 'heraldry' since every model embodies the chapter name, as well as it physically accents and emphasizes their poses/motions.

As a second layer on this history, when I first wrote a wishlist Army out of the 'new' Space Marines codex, it was commented on as being a likely candidate for that chapter, since they are rebuilding.

It was essentially a Scout army, with as little Power Armour as a SM book could make. I think the only PA in the list is Chaplain, Techmarine, Techmarine. the Scout Bikes still look cool, just not at $20 each.

I'll bring a termi I painted up when we got Space Hulk. since it was two squads, and 40K (at the time) wasn't really in the scope of 20+ terminators on one side... I painted them up just for the SH game...
Back to top Go down
Gideus
Warmith
Warmith

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Chapter & Legion   Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:13 am

Yeah, its a toss up between Salamanders and Crimson Fists for me. I like the fluff and colour scheme behind the Crimson Fists, the fact they stand out so well with the hand one red hand. I find they and the Salamanders have similar fluff as well for the way they treat the "regular" people like guardsmen, as in more than just cannon fodder.

I think the pull towards Salamanders is a little stronger on the weapon theme for the army, cause hey, who doesn't love a wall of fiery death Very Happy

big_jon
Neophyte
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Chapter & Legion   Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Blacklegoin, then World Eaters, then Iron Warroirs.

Not sure about marines, I like Ultramarines, I also like Blood angles, not sure that they are my favourite though, I think Imperial fists are pretty cool too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Chapter & Legion   

Back to top Go down

Favorite Chapter & Legion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1