The Slaughterhorn

Gaming forum for Comox and Campbell River

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Favourite/best moments or stories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gideus
Warmith
Warmith

PostSubject: Favourite/best moments or stories   Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:59 pm

So what is your fave warhammer40k moments or stories?

I think my two fave are the following.

One: Playing Panda and his 'nids with my Guard, when cityfight first came out.
Got near the end and he saw a nice ripe, out in the open squad of lonely guardsmen and he charged them in a city open area with a full squad of genestealers. Just as he was routing the squad he realized, looking down the roadways on both sides, he was now facing 2 leman russ battle tanks and a leman russ exterminator.
His exact words that followed this realization "...it's a trap"
Lost the game, didn't care, that moment was worth it. bounce

Two: Three way battle, 1500 pts, my Iron Warriors, Panda's 'nids and Ensign Rickys Dark Eldar.
By the end of the game, only two models were left alive, my terminator lord and Pandas hive tyrant, who got in to close combat.
Both struck at the same time. Both caused enough wounds to kill. Both of us failed our invulnerable saves.
End result? three way tie with 0 models left on the table Shocked

RotatingPanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/best moments or stories   Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:42 am

#1: A full squad of berzerkers (8 or 10 of them, I don't remember), a Khornate daemon prince and Kharn himself charging a single trygon and only inflicting 4 wounds (plus Kharn killing two of his own men). The following round, a squad of genestealers and a group of warriors with lash whips and boneswords counter-assault and took out it all out, eliminating the bulk of my opponent's force.

#2: Killing two Death Company dreadnoughts with bloodtalons before they got a chance to strike on their assault...with genestealers.

#3: A squad of 8 genestealers failing to kill and slowly getting whittled down and killed by 2 tactical marines.

Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/best moments or stories   Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:17 am

#1 was a paaaaaaaaaaaainful moment.
Back to top Go down
SPEHSS MAREENS
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/best moments or stories   Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:43 am

Killed a Wraithlord with Scouts, which made my enraged brother kick a hole in the wall. The parental units noticed a poster of a snarling Chinese demon that mysteriously appeared on the wall the next day, so they found out pretty quickly. They were not amused.

One of my Space Marines in a combat squad punched a Leman Russ tank and wrecked it.

My Space Marine veteran with L. Claws was victorious in the War of the Purity Seals, finally destroying Commissar Heinrich and claiming victory by having the most purity seals glued onto the model. It's a long story.
Back to top Go down
Gideus
Warmith
Warmith

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/best moments or stories   Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:55 am

SPEHSS MAREENS wrote:

My Space Marine veteran with L. Claws was victorious in the War of the Purity Seals, finally destroying Commissar Heinrich and claiming victory by having the most purity seals glued onto the model. It's a long story.

Do tell.

Shanker
Candidate
Candidate

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/best moments or stories   Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:19 am

1. I would have to say opening fire on my friends 5 chaos terminators, getting 5 wounds with none of them having ap 2. My friend dropping the dice and getting four 1's and a 3. Then me being a smartass and casually saying " I was hoping for better".

2. There was another game that I played my Emperors Love against his Eldar. He had a unit of Pathfinders and I had a unit of scouts with sniper rifles. He spent the entire game shooting his pathfinders at my scouts and I shoot my scouts at his pathfinders once. When the game was over he commented on how much he enjoyed the "epic sniper dual" between my scouts and his pathfinders. Me and the rest of our friends were left scratching our heads wondering what the hell game he was watching. However we now have a new reference for when a unit spends the whole game pounding all its fire into one target and being ignored by that target. At the end of the game they had an..."epic sniper dual".

I am also going to add one of my most painfull moments. We had a river going all the way across the table, about a third of the way in. Drove my 3 heavy space marine bikes through the river. and everyone should know what I dropped for my dangerous terrain rolls. I will give you one hint, all 3 dice had the same side showing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/best moments or stories   

Back to top Go down

Favourite/best moments or stories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1