The Slaughterhorn

Gaming forum for Comox and Campbell River

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Outcast Options

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Outcast Options   Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:42 pm

Of course, after confidently choosing my first crew, I came accross a Bunch more models to love.... the Ten Thunders Brothers!!!

This means that, though I wasn't a huge fan a first, I'll be running a Viktoria Crew second.

After my first few Crew Creator attempts, it seems that to get the minimum number of cool models I want, and to help theme the crew, I'll need to play larger 35-45 SS Crews......

Being very Melee based, this crew will need some help in ranges support. This means often taking an Convict Gunslinger, or Hans despite being a bit out of character (though if I convert Hans to have a Rice Patty Hat, it might be enough. i like the rules for Bishop, but I don't think i'd spend 10 SS on another Melee expert....

35 SS (going up from here, i'd either add a Convict Gunslinger or Ronin for 5 SS or Hans for 9 SS)

Viktoria
Student of Conflict

Misaki (don't especially like her hair, but the theme is too good)
Ronin
Ronin
Ten Thunder Brother
Ten Thunder Brother
Ten Thunder Brother
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Outcast Options   Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:09 pm

interwebz declare Misaki too fragile and suit dependent. Would take Sue (totally awesome sculpt) instead.
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Outcast Options   Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Another tip: do not listen to the internet regarding models in this game. Again, way more so than 40K, models are scheme, strategy and faction dependent.

Also, I have a Misaki you can have. I will sell it to you for the low cost of zero dollars and zero cents because I will never use it (no Outcasts) and you will do a much, much better job painting it.

Hans with a rice patty hat would be awesome!

Bishop is very pricey for what he does (although he does it well) and in a crew that already excels at melee, he is unneeded.

Last comment: 35 ss is the standard game and there's no "1500 vs. 2000" style argument in Malifaux.

Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Outcast Options   Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Well the TTB is coming soon. I've got my 3 bros under the brush, and that Mizaki waiting for some inspiration (broken weapon and too much spindly metal...).

through research I've found the TTB masks to come from the Japanese Noh theatre.. very old, with lots of tradition. great way to start off the paint schemes.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Outcast Options   Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:37 pm

OK, just traded for Vicks, Vicks Avatar, Ronin and Hanz. Have three TTB and Mizaki to start. Pinning and Re-Basing to begin Smile will have a reall crew all my own by summer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outcast Options   

Back to top Go down

Outcast Options
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1