The Slaughterhorn

Gaming forum for Comox and Campbell River

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Orks orks orks orks....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Orks orks orks orks....   Wed May 23, 2012 11:16 pm

Oh great Ork players, tell me how this looks!

Warboss
Claw
Warbike

Big Mek
Kustom Force Field

5 Kommandos
2 x Big Shoota
Snikrot

6 Biker Nobs
Painboy
Choppa/Shoota
Big Choppa
Big Choppa/Scorcha Kombi
Power Claw
Power Claw/Scorcha Kombi

10 Boys
Big Shoota
Nob
Power Claw

20 Boys
2 Big Shoota
Nob
Power Claw

20 Boys
2 Big Shoota
Nob
Power Claw

Dakkajet
Dakkajet
Dakkajet

Battlewagon
deff rolla

Battlewagon
deff rolla

Battlewagon
deff rolla
Back to top Go down
Gideus
Warmith
Warmith

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Thu May 24, 2012 1:29 am

Dunno a ton about Orks, but that looks like it'd be a helluva fun list to play with and against, not to mention the truckload of modelling opportunities it presents.

srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Thu May 24, 2012 2:33 am

This, or something very close to it will be my Gottacon list.

1. I have feared/loved/hated Nob Bikers since I started playing with you all.
2. I LOVE the Dakkajet being released.
3. I LOVE the Snickrot model.
4. I LOVE the FW Warboss on bike.
5. I LOVE the Deffrolla on Battlewagon.

Really, every model is awesome, every unit can throw a ton of dice at things, and the Dakkajet is going to shake the hell out of most things with all its shots, hopefully. Very Happy

So really its a very characterful army, its got some pretty solid/scary units, and its got some fast items, and the potential for speed due to Waaagh + Open Topped + the Dakkajet.
Back to top Go down
Gideus
Warmith
Warmith

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Thu May 24, 2012 3:01 am

We have seen both Cow and Noel do well with orks. Hell, the killa kans and deff dreds seem to be good too...always a PITA to get rid of.

Gideus
Warmith
Warmith

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Thu May 24, 2012 5:13 am

Have you thought of keeping your CSM Land Raider and "orkifying" it to use as a battlewagon? Seen some reeeally good ones done that way, means you'd not need to buy three of them and one would look nicely different?

RotatingPanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Thu May 24, 2012 5:16 am

Nothing in that list particularly scares terrifies me therefore I like it. That's not to say it won't perform well, it just doesn't have any shenanigans or tricks that make me go "How do I deal with that!?" Sorry, but that's the lens of how I view lists.

I agree with Gideus. I think it will be fun to play and fun to play against. With that many bodies (and targets), I can see a lot of games coming down to the wire which is the best way to play, in my books.

Sadly, I think GK will still ruin your face but that's just kind of what they do...

Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Thu May 24, 2012 11:13 am

Orks are at this point one of the oldest books, I would be shocked if anything was so hard to deal with as to be terrifying. Also you play nids, so your views are skewed as you dont worry about CC much at all as your by nature better then nearly all, big reason why I was also looking at playing Nids. Wink

That said, the list has enough dice being throw in the Ork version of shooting that just by sheer weight of the 80+ dice the 2 large groups of Orks will throw together, things will die. They are Shoota boys after all.

I'd rather sell the LR and get the official kit honestly, my conversion skills are not as advanced as the rest of you. :p
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Fri May 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Oh, I'm not saying you won't win and won't kill stuff. And you're right, my CC nids don't worry much about CC armies that I'm statistically better than. I'm not worried about it on paper, but it's still your generalship so who knows how it will go.

What I can say with some confidence is that it will look awesome on the table. A bunch of battlewagons and their "jets"? Hell yeah!

Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Fri May 25, 2012 10:54 pm

No, I didnt think you where saying the list would fall on its face, I was agreeing, there is nothing 'omg thats unstoppable' in the book.

After thought (and bargain hunting!) a reworked 1500 list. 4 Scoring units when you include the Deff Dread, big loota squad, 2 AV 14 to hide the trukk which gives the Cover Save, 50 Boyz, 2 Jets....man you can get a lot! :p

Big Mek
Kustom Force Field

15 Lootas

10 Boys
Big Shoota
Nob
Power Claw
Boss Pole
Trukk

20 Boys
2 Big Shoota
Nob
Power Claw
Boss Pole

20 Boys
2 Big Shoota
Nob
Power Claw
Boss Pole

Deff Dread
2 x Rokkit Launcha

Dakkajet w/ Fighter Ace
Dakkajet w/ Fighter Ace
3 Deffkopta w/ TL Rokkit

Battlewagon w/ Deff Rolla
20 Boyz in here!

Battlewagon w/ Deff Rolla
20 Boyz in here!
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Sat May 26, 2012 1:59 am

Ok, some personal experience (not reliable) tips....... though only on paper for the Kans......

Kommandos: I've got 10, and I'm bumping it to 15.... even though the numbers look big at first, a filled out ork mob is only equivalent to any other filled out squad.... I personaly run 2 Burnas since they can be used two ways and even if you burn first, you get the PW hits on your opponents turn.... helps make up for Snikrot not bringing a Klaw.

Lootas will be one of your biggest investments... 4 per pack...

Your Nob Biker build needs more bodies (My total 7 has been barely enough) to be a serious Death Star...

Warbosses are nearly a 1+ for orks.... they pack so much punch they either make a Boyz mob deadly or really Makes the Death Star, always paying for themselves, Meks are needed also, so Boss and Mek is nearly a given, but for myself, I'd risk loosing the 5+ on my AV14 for more boots on the ground and a second cheap boss....

Ork Upgrades for IC's and Vehicles are Gold..... I've used some, and heard of other awesome plays using Wreaking Ball and Boarding Plank.... not to mention the Grot Riggers, Oilers, Orderlies and Attack Squigs!

For a tournament, really look at Gaazskull.... he's what the pros use, like your experience with Kharn and Logan...

I loved using Ebay to get extra Klaws, Axes, and Nob sprues Smile
Back to top Go down
Cow
Battle Brother
Battle Brother

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Sat May 26, 2012 4:58 am

First of all: what is this jet business all about? There isn't a new Codex yet, what gives?

Also: the first one is a very very solid list. Not too spammy. Did you want to do more of a Battle Wagon brigade? Maybe you have to drop the kommandos, but switch biker nobz/warboss over for nobz/warboss w/ wound shennanigans inside a dedicated Battlewagon. That would be 4 objective scoring battlewagons.

Clarification about the Deff dredd, it is not a scoring unit, it may be troops but it is a vehicle. Correct me if I'm wrong though, been a while.

Have you thought of Gaz + snikrot cheese? I wouldn't like it but maybe it is fun?

Deff Dredd with rokkits may be okay, but with the poor BS, might as well just do all CC weaps.

Optimal squad number for Lootas is 12. Perhaps do 13 just to be safe, but I hear talk that an army built to tackle everything would max out on them. .. Go all dakka is also possible. No other army can put out the amount of shots an Ork army can. That counts for a lot, not just for sometihng.

Did you factor in a Red Paint Job for those Wagons? I don't see it wriitten on your list, but I hear and am certain that those are essential for getting that assault vehicle charge.

And: I recently listened to an episode of Jaded Gamercast, in which Orks were discussed in a fair amount of detail. Perhaps check it out if you have the time.
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Sat May 26, 2012 2:25 pm

http://i48.servimg.com/u/f48/17/28/84/85/dakkaj10.jpg

Rules there Cow! Check GW's pre-orders. :]

I was looking at Gaz, maybe tweak things at the 1750 level to include.

Kommando's - I figured they may need to be larger, those burna's are expensive though.

Trukk's - I was thinking that one could just hang out and hide easy?

Nob Bikers - Really expensive in points and $$$ now that I look at it, hence they have been removed for now.

Deff Dread - Looks like your correct, counts as troop but is still a vehicle, so likely not scoring.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Sat May 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Post another list.... lets see where you're at Smile

I don't think Gaz gets to outflank with snikrot, maybe in the FAQ, but without Infiltrate, Gaz can't???

Bikers are alot, and could be another 2 BW for 5X rolling death.... but I think they still make the best death star since they're effectively T5 4++ FNP W2 AND if they are arround for the end of the game can still turbo Boost to an objective 24" rather than footslogg from a wrecked BW...
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Sat May 26, 2012 6:05 pm

The Ork FAQ mentions you can attach to Snikrot for the Ambush rule, pretty mean.

I'll tweak the above list, Deff Dread not scoring makes me kind of sad, so I can probably shift things around there.
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Sat May 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Re: Biker Nobz...

Beware Hive Guard as they will ruin your day. Hit on 4+, wound on 2+, ignore your ++ save, ignore your armor save, ignore your FnP and ID you. Just something to be aware of.

Back to top Go down
Gideus
Warmith
Warmith

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Sat May 26, 2012 7:22 pm

Ignore what Panda said. If only because Hive Guard will ruin anyones day. Biker nobz are cool! Be a shame to lose the cool deff dreads, but if they are not scoring I can understand it.

Cow
Battle Brother
Battle Brother

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Sun May 27, 2012 2:58 am

Seriously, they took a picture of the new codex already? And it has the same border art of the current codex? And why are they still considered skimmers? Is this codex coming out days before 6th edition, where we are pretty darned sure "flyer" will be a unit type?

Basically what Gideus said, one specific unit that can blow your death star off the table. At this point, Panda is just whipping out his d- just showing off one of like 3 crazy units in his favorite Codex.
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Sun May 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Yeah Cow, its about a month out and then will likely be updated in a FAQ. I'm not complaining though. :p

Back to top Go down
Gideus
Warmith
Warmith

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Sun May 27, 2012 8:02 pm

So the pics for the flyers rules are not from the new ork codex, but rather the new format of the WD magazine. It just follows the same look as the codex.

srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Sun May 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Correct, same with the SM fly rules.

Heres the 1500 I plan to build to first, let me know what you guys think.

Warboss
Power Klaw
Cybork

Big Mek
Kustom Force Field

15 Lootas

10 Boys
Big Shoota
Nob
Power Claw
Boss Pole
Truck

20 Shoota Boys
2 Big Shoota
Nob
Power Klaw
Boss Pole

20 Shoota Boys
2 Big Shoota
Nob
Power Klaw
Boss Pole

Dakkajet
Dakkajet

3 Deffkopta
3 Rokkit

Battlewagon
deff rolla

Battlewagon
deff rolla
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Mon May 28, 2012 10:42 pm

So the warboss is in the trukk? Consider giving him a bosspole too, and an attack squig is a 15pt S10 Klaw attack twice a turn!
Back to top Go down
Cow
Battle Brother
Battle Brother

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Mon May 28, 2012 11:43 pm

The Nob already has a Boos Pole, wouldn't it be too reduntant for the Warboss to have one? My personal experience with BossPoles have been near useless, but for 5 points to have a better chabce to keep that PK in the ring for longer helps.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Oh, just for 5pts you may feel safer splitting the boss off, or something. Stikkbomb Chukka for vehicles is also a good deal instead of giving the whole mob grenades.
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:12 pm

So what I have, or have on order so far.

Warboss, PK
Big Mek, KFF

Trukk
2 Battlewagon w/Deff Rolla
4 x Loota/Burna Box (15 Loota, 5 Burna?)
3 x Ork Boyz box (9 Shoota, 1 Big Shoota, 1 Nob? x 3)
3 Deffkopta
2 Dakkajets
10ish Slugga Boyz
16 Shoota Boyz
3 bikes 1 PK Nob

So the question is, what would make most sense to pick up next? A box of Nobs?
Back to top Go down
Gideus
Warmith
Warmith

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:25 am

Well, if the rumours of AP in close combat hold true, maybe some mega armored nobz? armor of 2+ seems pretty awesome in CC now potentially, and if cover saves stay similar or even a tad worse, they'd have the same invulnerable to ranged weapons as terminators?
They might be bad, dunno, just read somewhere that ork players might rethink them now.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   

Back to top Go down

Orks orks orks orks....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next