The Slaughterhorn

Gaming forum for Comox and Campbell River

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Orks orks orks orks....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:04 pm

I really like them, but rumour is they may be coming in plastic next year so I'll probably wait on them.
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Put the nobs together.

3 x Power Klaw
1 x Big Choppa (this model came out really cool, favorite so far!)
1 x Kombi-Scorcha

I am pretty sure I'll have to get atleast 1 more box of these, because I want the PK nobz to lead my shoota boyz, they appear far more Nob-like then the one I was able to build from the Boyz kit.
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:17 pm

1750 List for next weekend!

Coming from my 'list building in 6th' thread.

3 larger troop choices
HQ that is pretty solid (t6, picks his fights, 2+ Look Out Sir, FnP)
Deff Star of Nob Bikers, that are quick, and score
2 Jets and 2 x 7 Loota's provide glancing fire power to remove hull points in a hurry.
Deff Koptas, FA to capture in the FA Mission, be annoying, and hopefully help push hits onto flying MC's, they are also T5, 2W.

The only 'weak' choice really is the very expensive HS choice, supported by the Mek squad. The intent is to be a mobile fire base of sorts, where if I get a stunned/shaken, I can still fire something potentially meaningful (Zzap Gun). Its an idea anyway, if I am careful with it, and gives me a HS scoring option for Big Guns.

Warboss
Warbike
Power Klaw

5 Nobz
Bikers
Painboy
Waaagh! Banner
3 Klaw

7 Loota

7 Loota

3 Mek
2 Burna

20 Boys
2 Big Shoota
Nob
Power Klaw

20 Boys
2 Big Shoota
Nob
Power Klaw

20 Boys
2 Big Shoota
Nob
Power Klaw

Dakkajet
+Supa Shoota

Dakkajet
+Supa Shoota

2 Deffkoptas

Battlewagon
Killkannon
'ard Case
2 Big Shoota
Zzap Gun

HS + Meks = 265, probably enough to make for some kind of decent Allies depending on how Chaos rolls out if I wanted to go that way, and certainly enough to tweak if I went with a defense line + Flakk Gun fortification.
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:08 am

Nothing on this list stands out as a particular weakness so I'm going to dig around for some. I may be stretching but that's only because otherwise, it seems solid.
1. 3 vehicles means lots of anti-tank going into them and your nob bikers.
2. That's all I got...I might read over the Ork codex tomorrow and try to find more?

Back to top Go down
Cow
Battle Brother
Battle Brother

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:23 am

I have to get 5th edition out of my head. I was going to say that the Deffkopta Duo was an easy kill point, but that only matters for one mission, and maybe a quick First Blood grab.
Putting the Mek/burna squad in the Battlewagon right? I've heard of people using Battlewagons as defenses for Lootas. Just throw a big Loota squad in one so they are harder to kill, and can quickly redeploy if you really need them somewheres else.

I really like the 3 units of 20, lotsa opertunity to hold objectives.

I need to get more games in too, so I can give more constructibe advice.
I've actually been thinking of a Warboss that has a Big Choppa. With that plus usual stuff, he'd make a good prize fighter in challenges as he has the best Initiative in the book. But I suppose a Biker Boss doesn't need to go first if he is as tough as a Carnifex and has Feel No Pain.
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:45 pm

With only 1 vehicle on the table to start, its an issue, no doubt. I'll have to be smart on deployment of everything, playing a mostly foot list will be different for me.

Mek/Burna's in Wagon, yep. Hoping to avoid any instant kills on the tank, then repair it on my turn. I dont like the idea of a putting a full loota squad in one, because when it pops, your looking at 50% or so dead guys!

For challenges, I was thinking the same, a Big Choppa, however putting it on just a Nob, as giving opponent saves can bite you. I could drop one Big Shoota from the Wagon and upgrade the one plain Nob in the Biker squad to have a Big Choppa, as its a cheap way to push wounds, but at best your I4 with the boss now, and your really only going to go at the same time as a weaker character, MEQ squad leader.

Will be interesting to see if there is a shift away from Fists on SM squads because they cant be hidden easily now.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:10 pm

I recently used a my Nurgle Chaos Lord on Steed with Daemon Weapon to a. hit a 30 boyz mob with warboss, challenge, assassinate at I5, challenge assassinate at I5, then slaughter enough boyz in 2 combats to send the unit running, then do the same to nearly a second whole 30 boyz.... by himself for the most part.....

you'd better be able to live through a bruttal attack if you want to swing back in a challenge.... with that Lord, it was Always worth it to challenge (either solo kill the Klaw early, or the Klaw is not allowed to swing)
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:22 pm

Yeah, ran into that on the Tyranid Prime build I faced last game, with LW/BS, my Nobs where in dire threat range...maybe I should keep that Cybork just incase, or throw it on something for 5 points in the biker squad...thats a better idea.
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:50 pm

I keep thinking that kans can work, not as front line, but as support. Am I crazy to think this? I mean I know how the deck is stacked against them, on paper, but maybe with enough, or Deff Dreads...

With moving 1 Big Shoota off the Wagon, it went down to 185.

2 Deff Dreads with 2 x Skorcha = 170

15 Points remain, letting me drop 'eavy Armour on my 3 Foot Nobs.

Lets see how that works. :]
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Ok.

I need some help here, making this list really fire on all cylinders.

We have a Biker Boss + Biker Nobz. These are the only thing thats reliable gotten to, and hit something.
We have 2 x 10 Lootas. These are there for shooting down, pretty much everything.
We have 3 x 20 Boyz. These are good for soaking up damage, and getting in there and fighting something, while sticking around as they are fearless.

We have the yellow scheme. Its bright, its nice. Its not Red (which is for a Kult of Speed Army, which happens to fit in with a Biker boss + Biker Nobz...my love of Red and that unit is conspiring to make me switch...)

I am looking to find a hook, something to ground the list in a solid theme, and I am pretty sure its going to be some kind of 'Kult of Dakka' where its just shooting and Meks so the problem is, what do I add to the above?

Loota's + Meks - More a theme unit then anything else, running the numbers these guys can do more then Flash Gits really.

Flash Gits - Just too expensive for what you get!

Dakkajets - If I take another unit of Lootas, and mix some Meks into one of those units, then the Dakkajets become serious overkill, though they are good for putting the hurt on SOMETHING, and I could just have them in as dedicated Anti-Air.

Kans and Deff Dreads - Not shooty enough, and not resilient enough, but if I bring some Meks into the fold?

Wagons - Even a pimped out gun wagon is going to struggle to hit anything.

What I am starting to notice though, is a distinct lack of S8...so what about Tankhunters sitting in the middle of that?

----

Mostly I am just typing this out as a stream of consciousness type thing.

Mek w/KFF and KMB?
Biker Boss
Bikers
Loota 1
Loota 2
Tank Hunters

Boyz x 3 (Rokkits?)

Dakkajet
Dakkajet

Battlewagon + Deff Rolla (Big Mek + Tankhunters?)

Gotta keep thinking...
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Test those hunters... might be useable if they *can't* move towards a vehicle, but are moved by the wagon instead.... the Squig bombs are kinda cool, and one or two hammers would help.... 10+ S8 shots will hurt stuff.

Like most of the list, you have enough firepower to Kill stuff, just not the range/AP to kill Lots, Soon Enough....

Shoota Boyz and the Lootaz you have make a great base

instead of Tankhunters.... Meganobz??? not shooting but S9 AP2 on the charge...
Back to top Go down
Cow
Battle Brother
Battle Brother

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Hammers are just fine now that you can throw grenades! Oh wait, I guess tank buster bombs can't be thrown can they? grumble grumble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orks orks orks orks....   

Back to top Go down

Orks orks orks orks....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2