The Slaughterhorn

Gaming forum for Comox and Campbell River

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Foodhammer and maybe gootocon Necron List

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sunrastargod
Battle Brother
Battle Brother

PostSubject: Foodhammer and maybe gootocon Necron List   Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Overlord mindshackle/2 up armor/war scythe/3 up invul/ressy orb
destroyer lord minshackle/war scythe/2 up armor
Royal court
Necron Lord war scythe/mind shack/2 up armor/ressy orb
Cryptek abyssal staff/veil of darkness

troops
13 warriors in night scythe(minor lord here)
15 warriors (warlord and the crytek here so they can g o anywhere on board)
5 warriors (in reserve)
Fast Attack
5 destroyers(ap3)
4 wraiths (2 whips destroyer lords hangs here)
4 wraiths 1 whip
Heavy support
2 annihilation barges

idea is to castle up and have the wraiths as interceptors against heavy assault arnies, or to charge in against armies like IG and Tau. Pretty mobile necrons here with one of my troop blobs coming in by night scythe where needed and the bigger blob has a veil of darkness to move as needed. Annialtation barges there to deal with light armor and flyers. Destroyers there to mow down armor 3 units. Mind shackle all across the board for those big baddies we will be challenging. What do you think. Oh and the late game 5 man squad to camp on a objective or hide if its kill points
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Terminator
Terminator

PostSubject: Re: Foodhammer and maybe gootocon Necron List   Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Having faced this alot, and won few or none, I think it's a nasty beast.
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Foodhammer and maybe gootocon Necron List   Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Yep looks mean. Really like the utility you get out of Tesla on the Barges, and the irritating Mind Shackle. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
sunrastargod
Battle Brother
Battle Brother

PostSubject: Re: Foodhammer and maybe gootocon Necron List   Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Yeah have not tested against horde..... at this point going into Foodhammer will be giant test for gottocon. I kinda wish these tourneys were 2000 points as someone else said, they just cant get what they want in there. I really was struggling with the 5 destroyers.... as the same points gets me 10 deathmarks.... with ten points to spare. What do you think, Death marks or destroyers?
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Foodhammer and maybe gootocon Necron List   Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:42 pm

If someone can tarpit or otherwise mitigate the Wraiths, your probably in trouble facing hordes thats true.

I like the destroyers, as you say AP3 right? Same reason I like the Heldrake with Flamer.
Back to top Go down
sunrastargod
Battle Brother
Battle Brother

PostSubject: Re: Foodhammer and maybe gootocon Necron List   Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:26 pm

can you field helldrake turn 1?
Back to top Go down
srg
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Foodhammer and maybe gootocon Necron List   Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:57 pm

No, turn 2 at best, but it does have Hover, so doesnt fly off the board every other turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foodhammer and maybe gootocon Necron List   

Back to top Go down

Foodhammer and maybe gootocon Necron List
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1